TRESEMMÉ FUTURE STYLISTS FUND TERMS & CONDITIONS
No purchase necessary. open to black, female-identifying or gender non-binary legal residents of the 50 united states or the district of columbia, 18 years of age or older, who are currently enrolled in, have been accepted to or are planning to enroll in (within eighteen months of winner notification) an accredited cosmetology program with a focus on hair.
1. Contest Period: The TRESemmé Future Stylists Fund (the “Contest”) begins 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 9, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 18, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
2. Eligibility: Open to Black, female-identifying or gender non-binary legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older, who are currently enrolled in, have been accepted to, or are planning to enroll in (within eighteen months of winner notification) an accredited cosmetology program with a focus on hair. For purposes of the Contest and these Official Rules, the person submitting the Entry (as defined below) is considered the “Entrant”.
Employees of Conpoco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members and agents and their immediate family members spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win.
If applicable, all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
3. How To Enter: To enter, visit tresemmefuturestylistsfund.com (the “Site”) and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the registration form and provide the following:
1) A one (1) minute or less video of yourself, describing what the tuition fund would mean to you and how it would help in your career aspirations;
2) Two (2) to four (4) work samples that show off your hairstyling skills by either uploading photos or providing the link to your Instagram page [if you provide the link to your Instagram page, your Instagram must be public and it must include a minimum of two (2) work samples];
3) One (1) letter of recommendation from a peer, mentor, or former employer (collectively, “Submission”). There is a limit of one (1) Submission per Entrant for the entire Contest Period. All Submissions will be judged, as described below. Submissions must be in English. By entering, you understand that your Submission in its entirety or portion thereof may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted on websites, Social Media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media. Normal data/Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/phone service will apply.
Instagram is not a sponsor of this Contest and you are providing your information to Sponsor and not Instagram.
4. Submission Requirements: The Submission may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate text including acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are illegal/dangerous, as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any Submission or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, highlights brand in a negative way, contains any third party materials (other than TRESemmé), or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including, but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant.
Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source. Video must not exceed 60 seconds in length and must not exceed 50 MB and be in one of the following formats: 'mpeg', 'mp4', 'avi', 'mov' and 'flv'. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Submission qualifies. All Submissions must be the sole, original work of the Entrants.
By submitting a Submission, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, designees and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide digital and other rights to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Submissions or excerpts of Submissions (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor at its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, Social Media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media).
In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Submission. You further agree to waive any moral rights in and to the Submission. Automated, script, macro or robotic Submissions will be disqualified. Any Submission not in compliance with the above and does not meet the Site’s requirements will be disqualified.
If applicable, anyone depicted in your Submission must have given permission for you to upload your Submission. Anyone depicted in your Submission must be 18 years of age or older and may be required to complete a photo/video release form, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. Finalists, Judging and Winner Notification: All Submissions will be judged by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges (“Judges”) on or about October 30, 2020 ). Submissions will be judged based on the following criteria: 40% Passion/Career Aspirations; 40% Overall Merit/Financial Need; and 20% Brand Appropriateness (the “Judging Criteria”), to determine ten (10) Grand Prize winners.
Any tied Submissions will be re-judged by the judges based 100% on Passion/Enthusiasm, to determine the applicable Grand Prize winner(s). Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, Entrants agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
6. Grand Prize: Grand Prize (10 total): A $10,000 check made co-payable to both the winner and cosmetology program (Grand Prize winner has up to 18 months to provide their accredited cosmetology program, if they are not currently enrolled). All prizes will be awarded in the form of a check, co-payable to the student and cosmetology program in which she is enrolled (or planning to enroll in).
Prize is not subject to Federal income tax if used in accordance with the requirements of Section 117 of the Internal Revenue Code. A letter of accreditation issued by the winner’s cosmetology program is required. All taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the individual winners and winners will be required to provide their social security numbers.
By accepting a Grand Prize, winner understands that the funding must be used towards an accredited cosmetology program tuition. Further, Grand Prize winners understand that they must complete the cosmetology program that they enroll in or remaining funds will be forfeited. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Submissions are received.
Potential Grand Prize winners understand and agrees that, as a condition of being awarded the prize, Grand Prize winner may be subject to a background check at the sole discretion of Sponsor; failure to comply may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. In addition, at the discretion of the Sponsor, potential Grand Prize winner may be disqualified:
(a) if charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor;
(b) if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding the prize to such individual may reflect unfavorably on the Contest or Sponsor;
(c) if he/she is not eligible to receive the prize based on the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules;
(d) if Sponsor determines that he/she failed to comply with these Official Rules in any way; or
(e) if he/she refuses to or cannot accept the prize for any reason.
7. General Rules: Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return, a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release, tax documents, and except where prohibited, publicity release and assignment of rights (“Declaration”), within forty eight (48) hours of notification in order to be confirmed as a Grand Prize winner. In addition, potential Grand Prize winner will be required to provide proof of enrollment from their accredited cosmetology program (or when they enroll within 18 months of winner notification).
If winner is not enrolled in an accredited cosmetology program within 18 months of winner notification, then winner forfeits the complete prize and no compensation will be provided. If Entrant fails to return the completed Declaration or provide proof of enrollment (if applicable and enrolled at time of notification) within forty-eight (48) hours, Declaration is returned as undeliverable, Entrant shall be deemed to be ineligible, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be determined. Declaration will be sent to the Entrant via email.
Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination.
Grand Prize winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with participation in the Interview,
submission of questionnaire, creation of or submitting a Submission or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of prizes awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use Grand Prize winners’ names, likenesses, Submissions, Interviews, and questionnaires for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
By participating in the Contest, EntrantsGrand Prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges.
The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Submissions in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant.
“Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the Grand Prize winners from among all eligible Submissions received prior to cancellation, based on the Judging Criteria listed above.
These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. Submissions generated by script or bot are not eligible.
As a condition of entering the Contest, Entrant/Grand Prize winners agree that:
1) under no circumstance will Entrant/Grand Prize winner be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses;
2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and
3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
8. Conditions: Grand Prize winners acknowledge and agrees that Sponsor has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use the Submission in any way it sees fit in connection with advertising in any medium, throughout the world, in perpetuity. Entrant/Grand Prize winners shall have no right to review or approve edits, alterations or modifications, and the Entrant/Grand Prize winners waive the benefit of any provision of law known as “moral rights.”
No information regarding Submissions or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Contest. By submitting a Submission, you represent: (a) that the Submission is your own original work that has not previously been published or publicly shown or won a prize or award; and (b) any and all rights to the Submission belong to you and the Submission does not infringe, misappropriate or violate the rights of any third party. Further, any Submissions that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems to be inappropriate for publication will not be considered.
9. Winners List: For the names of the Grand Prize winners, available after November 1, 2020, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 1, 2020, to: The TRESemmé Future Stylists Fund - Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. SD), Melville, NY 11747.
10. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is Conopco, Inc. d/b/a Unilever, 800 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 07632. The Administrator of the Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.