How to get a stunning salon-style wash at home
Even if hair salons are opened near you, it’s still beneficial to know how to wash your own hair at home just like the pros. There are a few special tips that TRES stylist Marco Peña shared with us to get the healthy hair that shines just like a salon-style wash. Follow the steps. below to land a silky smooth salon-style wash from the comfort of your own home.
1. To start, brush your hair before you wash. This is essential to help untangle your hair. Brushing your hair also helps to exfoliate the scalp, remove excess products, and stimulates blood circulation so that the shampoo can absorb well.
2. Next, apply Keratin Smooth ShampooLink opens in a new window with lukewarm water. Pro tip: Hot water removes the essential natural oils from the scalp! Put a moderate amount of shampoo in the palm of your hand and then apply it in the root. Lift at the roots and massage the scalp lightly. If you have the time, Marco recommends doing two shampoo applications and massaging the scalp for at least three minutes.
3. Rinse well with cold water. The cold water helps increase hair volume and natural shine because it closes the cuticles of each strand.
4. Grab Keratin Smooth ConditionerLink opens in a new window. It’s important to know your scalp type for proper application. If you have a dry scalp, you should apply the conditioner from roots to ends. If you have a greasier scalp, apply the conditioner from the middle of the strands to the ends. Then tie your hair in the high part of the crown to allow the conditioner to fully penetrate. Then rinse with cold water!
5. Lastly, towel dry your hair gently! Make sure to pat your hair instead of rubbing with a towel to avoid frizz.
There you have it: clean, hydrated and healthy hair ready to take on the day!